The Environmental Law Group provides the broadest possible range of services for clients dealing with the increasingly complex legal, administrative and legislative arenas.
A good portion of the Group’s work involves counseling clients on their options for meeting challenges. The solution may take the form of helping clients understand a complex set of statutes, regulations and case law. Sometimes we counsel clients to challenge existing law or decisions, either directly through action in the administrative arena or the courts; sometimes we can better assist by advocating a change in the law on behalf of clients. When necessary, we negotiate and litigate matters to conclusion.
Some of the areas in which we have counseled clients include:
- Administrative rules – creating them; interpreting them; and challenging them.
- Advocating before legislative and regulatory bodies
- Air Quality
- Clean Air Act
- California Environmental Quality Act
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (Superfund)
- Crop protection
- Endangered species
- Environmental permits
- Food Quality Protection Act
- Green Chemistry
- Pesticide registration
- Pesticide regulatory matters
- Proposition 65
- Toxics and hazardous substances
- Water Quality