Josh T. Fox
Josh T. Fox is a Central Valley native, who was raised in Visalia, California, and was first exposed to the practice of law when he participated in Redwood High School’s highly esteemed Mock Trial program. After high school, Josh attended the University of Southern California, where he received a B.A. in Political Science and Philosophy.
Josh earned his Juris Doctor Degree at California Western School of Law, where he graduated summa cum laude, ranking first in a graduating class of 274. At California Western, Josh served as the Editor-in-Chief of the California Western Law Review, and received recognition for achieving the highest grade in sixteen separate courses of study.
After receiving his Juris Doctor, Josh earned a Legum Magister (or “LL.M”) degree in Public Law & Policy from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. At McGeorge, his studies focused on statutory interpretation, the legislative process, and political and regulatory theory. Josh also served with distinction as an extern for the California Assembly Committee on the Judiciary, where he was recognized as “the most impressive intern the Assembly Judiciary Committee has ever had in over two decades.”
Upon his return to the Central Valley, Josh’s practice has focused upon civil litigation, covering a diverse range of subject matter from pre-litigation settlement discussions through litigation at the appellate level.
Areas of Practice
- Administrative Law
- Agricultural Law
- Business & Civil Litigation
- Condemnation and Eminent Domain
- Employment Law
- Environmental Law
- Municipal & Special District Law
- Natural Resources & Water Law
- Nonprofit Association, Corporation & Partnership Law
- Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate Law
Honors and Awards
- Editor-in-Chief, California Western Law Review
- Summa Cum Laude, California Western School of Law
- Served with Honors in as Extern to California Assembly Committee on the Judiciary
- Academic Excellence Award, 2010, 2011, California Western School of Law
- Faculty Award, 2010, California Western School of Law
- Dean’s List, University of Southern California
Recent Professional Accomplishments
- Successfully Secured Dismissal of Entire Complaint Before Trial and Successfully Defended Dismissal before the California Court of Appeal, Fifth District
- Cited in Deering’s California Codes Annotated
- Cited in Rutger’s Journal of Law & Public Policy
- Litigated and obtained favorable settlements in actions for both defendants and plaintiffs in a wide variety of civil matters, including, but not limited to, breach of contract, negligence, professional negligence, fraud, fraudulent transfer, employment law, trust litigation, and construction defect litigation.
- J.D., California Western School of Law
- LL.M, Public Law & Policy, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- B.A., Political Science and Philosophy, University of Southern California