Richard C. Conway
Richard C. Conway is a partner in KSC. He is the managing partner of the Hanford office and has extensive litigation and transactional experience. His practice has emphasized the representation of developers, contractors, agricultural interests, physicians, retailers and tort claimants. Rick is licensed to practice before all state and federal courts in the State of California, and the United States Supreme Court.
Rick has been repeatedly recognized by his peers as a Super Lawyer for Super Lawyer Magazine. Rick has also been recognized as an AV Preeminent attorney, which is the highest peer rating in the practice of law and is a recognition of the highest professional skills and ethical standards.
Rick received his juris doctor degree in 1978 from San Diego’s Thomas Jefferson School of Law, where he was the Student Bar Association’s President. Rick received a Bachelor of Arts degree, with honors, from the University of California at Santa Barbara, where he played water polo receiving national recognition.
Rick is also a partner in Environmental Solutions Group, LLC, an environmental consulting firm established by KSC to provide a full spectrum of technical and regulatory services relating to pesticides, air and water quality.
Areas of Practice
- J.D., Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- B.A., Political Science, University of California, Santa Barbara
Honors and Awards
- The Hanford Sentinel, servicing all of Kings County, California, recognized Rick as the “Best Attorney” for 2010 in its first annual Reader’s Choice awards.
- The Hanford Sentinel again recognized Rick as the “Best Attorney in Kings County” for 2013.
- Northern California Super Lawyer: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
- AV Preeminent Attorney recognition by Martindale Hubbell.
- Rick coached Hanford West High School’s varsity water polo team from 2006 through 2010, during which time the team won two section championships. Rick has also, for the past two decades, coached various youth sporting activities including regularly coaching youth basketball teams in the local recreational leagues. Rick regularly consults with the local Catholic church, on a pro bono basis, regarding issues related to the local Parish.
Recent Professional Accomplishments
- A San Joaquin car dealer was sued by his former partner regarding a dispute in connection with a partnership buyout. The trial court ruled in favor of the former partner and ordered payment of $1,300,000. Mr. Conway represented the car dealer on appeal. In 2012, the First Appellate District Court of Appeals ruled in favor of the car dealer and set aside in its entirety, the adverse judgment against him.
- Mr. Conway represented a commercial developer in the Fresno area against a tenant that had entered into a rental agreement to lease space in the developer’s complex. The tenant, a national company, alleged the developer breached its obligation to the tenant by failing to develop the project appropriately and deliver the premises to the tenant in a timely fashion. The matter was resolved shortly before trial by the tenant paying the commercial developer $1,950,000.
- Mr. Conway represented a Kings County dairyman involved in a tractor/automobile accident in Kings County. The dairyman sustained pelvic and rib fractures which resulted in medical expenses of slightly less than $50,000. The matter settled, shortly before arbitration, for $475,000.
- A Nurse Instructor was terminated for cause at one of the San Joaquin Valley State prisons, which precluded the Nurse Instructor from securing future employment within the California State Prison system. Mr. Conway successfully challenged the for cause termination on behalf of the instructor.